Griddled chicken with white beans and rocket pesto
- August 2012
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, cooking time 10 min
Buttery griddled chicken breasts are served on a bed of pesto-coated cannellini beans in this quick, yet satisfying midweek meal.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 25.5g (8.5g saturated)
- 23.4g (2.5g sugars)
- 4 small skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 x 400g tins mixed white beans (such as cannellini or butter beans), drained and rinsed
- 50ml vegetable stock
- 75g wild rocket
- 25g fresh parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 40g pecorino, grated
- 30g unsalted butter
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of cling film and, using a rolling pin, flatten until about 1.5cm thick. Rub with the 1 tbsp olive oil and season. Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook for 9-10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, put the beans into a medium pan and cover with the stock. Season to taste and warm gently over a medium heat for a few minutes. Drain and tip into a bowl.
- Whizz the rocket, parsley, garlic and extra-virgin olive oil to make a pesto. Stir in the cheese, season and mix with the warm beans.
- When the chicken is nearly cooked, add the butter to the pan and fry until the butter browns and gives off a nutty aroma. Remove the buttery chicken breasts, then serve with the beans, drizzled with the butter.
Next time, cut the chicken into pieces and fry in a non-stick pan until golden and cooked through. Stir the chicken, pesto and white beans through freshly cooked spaghetti, then serve with lots of grated pecorino.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...