Chicken breasts with lemon and tarragon sauce
- September 2004
- 2 lemons
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 8 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 1 tsp mixed peppercorns, roughly ground
- 250ml soya cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cut 7 fine slices from the middle of 1 lemon and juice the remainder along with the other lemon and set aside. Insert 1 slice of lemon under the skin of each chicken breast along with a sprig of tarragon and put in a roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle over the salt and ground pepper. Roast for 35 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm. Put the roasting tin over a low heat on the hob and add the lemon juice. Stir with a wooden spatula, scraping up any bits stuck to the bottom of the tin. Add the soya cream and stir well to heat the mixture through.
- Return the chicken to the tin and spoon over the sauce. Garnish with the remaining tarragon and lemon slices, and serve.
This goes well with a simple salad. Dauphinoise potatoes go well with too, as would steamed green vegetables or basmati rice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes that will make you excited for autumn
Chicken supremes with wild mushroom and tarragon sauce
Creamy tarragon sauce pairs perfectly with succulent chicken breasts and...
Warm fennel and beans with griddled chicken and tarragon butter
Healthy and delicious, this simple fennel and beans with griddled...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter