Cacio e pepe gnocchi with mint and pea shoots
- July 2019
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 min
This is the quickest, easiest and potentially tastiest gnocchi dinner you’ll likely come across. Made with just six ingredients, our take on the classic cacio e pepe pasta will be a firm favourite in no time.
Want the classic recipe? Here’s our three-ingredient spaghetti recipe.
- 23.7g (14.6g saturated)
- 60.7g (1.4g sugars)
- 400g fresh potato gnocchi
- 25g butter
- 75g pecorino, freshly grated (or a vegetarian alternative)
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of pea shoots and a few mint leaves, to serve
- Cook the gnocchi according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving 100ml cooking water.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based frying pan, pour in the reserved cooking water, then whisk in the pecorino and the black pepper to make a cheesy sauce. Add the cooked gnocchi, stirring gently to coat (see tip). Divide between 2 bowls and top each with pea shoots and mint.
Add a handful of cooked peas along with the gnocchi, if you like.
Rate & review