Cajun-style chicken meatballs
- May 2006
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp Cajun spice mix
- 2 tsp hot chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 peppers (1 red, 1 yellow) halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150ml soured cream
- 1 packet fresh tagliatelle
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Mince the chicken using a mincer (or ask your butcher to mince it for you).
- Add the spice mix, chilli sauce, a little salt, parsley and cornflour. Mix together. Divide into 12-16, roll into meatballs and coat in the flour.
- Slice the peppers into strips. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the peppers until they are slightly burnt at the edges. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, fry the meatballs over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning, until browned. Return the peppers to the pan with the soured cream and a little water.
- Put the pasta in a pan of boiling lightly salted water and cook according to pack instructions. Drain and return to the pan. Add the sauce and toss to coat. Serve topped with the meatballs and garnish with the coriander.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...