Cappuccino ice cream
- May 2006
- 4 tbsp finely ground Italian coffee
- 4 egg yolks
- 115g light muscovado sugar
- 200ml milk
- 200ml double cream
- 50g plain chocolate, grated
- Put the Frozen Bowl in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Put the coffee in a cafetière, pour over 230ml boiling water and leave to infuse for a few minutes, then strain.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl. Place the milk in a saucepan and heat until almost boiling, then whisk into the egg mixture with the strained coffee.
- Return to the pan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring, until slightly thickened – do not boil. Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl and leave to cool. Stir in the cream and chill.
- Fit the Frozen Bowl onto the Chef. Pour in the coffee custard and churn until it resembles whipped cream. Stir in the chocolate, then spoon into a plastic container and freeze for 30 minutes or overnight before serving.
This recipe is made using the Kenwood Chef and the Frozen Bowl attachment.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Caramel ice cream with chocolate peanut shards
This show-off caramel ice cream recipe is enticing enough, but add the chocolate peanut shards...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...