Cappuccino ice cream
- May 2006
- 4 tbsp finely ground Italian coffee
- 4 egg yolks
- 115g light muscovado sugar
- 200ml milk
- 200ml double cream
- 50g plain chocolate, grated
- Put the Frozen Bowl in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Put the coffee in a cafetière, pour over 230ml boiling water and leave to infuse for a few minutes, then strain.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl. Place the milk in a saucepan and heat until almost boiling, then whisk into the egg mixture with the strained coffee.
- Return to the pan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring, until slightly thickened – do not boil. Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl and leave to cool. Stir in the cream and chill.
- Fit the Frozen Bowl onto the Chef. Pour in the coffee custard and churn until it resembles whipped cream. Stir in the chocolate, then spoon into a plastic container and freeze for 30 minutes or overnight before serving.
This recipe is made using the Kenwood Chef and the Frozen Bowl attachment.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Caramel ice cream with chocolate peanut shards
This show-off caramel ice cream recipe is enticing enough, but add the chocolate peanut shards...