Chargrilled lemon chicken with couscous
- May 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 min to make, 10 min to cook, plus marinating
This lemon chicken recipe is a great-tasting dish that’s perfect for quick and easy entertaining.
- 23.5g (5.8g saturated)
- 30.7g (0.5g sugar)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 500ml vegetable stock, hot
- 200g giant couscous (also called mograbiah; we like Merchant Gourmet Giant Couscous, from Waitrose)
- 125g ball mozzarella, torn
- 2 x 225g jars mixed antipasti, drained and finely chopped
- Small handful fresh parsley leaves
- Place the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film and carefully flatten with a rolling pin until they are about 5mm thick. Place in a dish with the lemon juice, half the lemon zest, chilli, olive oil, garlic and leaves from 1 sprig of rosemary. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking, then reduce the heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through. Transfer to a board to rest.
- Meanwhile, pour the stock into a large saucepan. Add the couscous and simmer for 6-8 minutes until tender. Drain off any excess liquid and stir through the remaining rosemary, leaves finely chopped. Fork through the remaining lemon zest, mozzarella, chopped antipasti and parsley. Season well and serve with the chargrilled chicken.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Friday night dinners
Pasta with sausages, fennel seed and mozzarella ragù
This cumberland sausage and mozzarella ragù from Debbie Major takes inspiration from the spicy Italian...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...