Lemon, ginger and coriander chicken with potatoes and slaw
- August 2023
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 40 min
Freshly grated ginger, lemon zest and crushed coriander seeds work wonders to upgrade a simple chicken dinner. Whip up a summery slaw while the chicken and potatoes bake, then save any leftovers for lunch the next day.
Find more purse-friendly chicken dinner ideas here, and don’t forget to let us know what you think if you make the recipe with a rating! We love receiving your feedback.
- 28g (6.7g saturated)
- 35g (8.4g sugars)
- 750g new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 20g ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 carrots
- 100g radishes
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 25g coriander, roughly chopped(see tips)
- Heat the oven to 200°C fan/gas 7. Spread out the sliced potatoes evenly in a large roasting dish. Crush the coriander seeds using a pestle and mortar, then stir in the lemon zest, ginger and oil.
- Season the chicken with salt, then coat with the oil mixture, pushing some under the skin. Sit the chicken on top of the potatoes, skin-side up, and roast for 35-40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken has crispy skin and is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, grate the carrots and finely slice the radishes. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon juice and season well. Stir through the carrots, radishes and coriander until well combined. Serve the slaw alongside the chicken and potatoes.
Herb stalks contain just as much flavour as the leaves (if not more) – just chop them a little finer and you can include them in your slaw or stir them into the chicken marinade.
Use a mixture of chicken thighs and drumsticks rather than whole legs if you like. You can also make this dish with skin-on chicken breasts; just reduce the cooking time to 30 minutes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter