Cheat’s chicken paella
- October 2008
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts with skin
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g chorizo, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 250g packs ready-cooked basmati rice
- 250g roasted peppers, thickly sliced
- A handful pitted Spanish olives
- A handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over a high heat. Season the chicken breasts and add to the pan, skin-side down, and cook for a few minutes, until golden brown. Turn the chicken over and push to the outside of the pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, chorizo and smoked paprika. Cook for 8 minutes, until the onion is softened.
- Add the basmati rice and roasted peppers and cook for 3 minutes, stirring to warm through. Add a handful pitted Spanish olives and scatter with handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped, to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Best mash recipes
Cheat’s southern fried chicken with cream gravy and sweetcorn mash
American-style fried chicken on a bed of sweetcorn mash and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter