Cheat’s griddled steaks with caramelised onions and garlic mayo
- April 2006
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 minutes
A steak recipe has never been so easy. We’ve used good quality chutney and slices of blue cheese to create an indulgent midweek dinner for two.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 sirloin steaks
- Oil, for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Small handful chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 large tbsp caramelised onion chutney (we like Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference Caramelised Red Onion Chutney) or your favourite chutney
- 2 thin slices blue cheese
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Brush the steaks and brush lightly with oil, then season and chargrill for 2-3 minutes each side, depending on how you like your steaks.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic mayonnaise by stirring the garlic and tarragon into the mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Put a large tablespoonful of chutney on each steak. Top each with a slice of blue cheese and pop under a hot preheated grill for 2 minutes. Serve with a dollop of the garlic mayonnaise. Great with oven chips.
Rate & review