Cheat’s hot-smoked salmon tart
- October 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 min
Spread the pastry case with pesto before adding the filling. You can take the leftovers to work the next day.
- 70g cubed pancetta
- 200g spinach leaves
- 2 hot-smoked salmon fillets
- 20.5cm ready-baked savoury pastry case
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 180ml double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Green salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Fry the pancetta in a frying pan for 5 minutes, until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Pour boiling water over the spinach leaves to wilt, drain, squeeze out the excess water and chop.
- Skin and thickly flake the hot-smoked salmon fillets over the bottom of the pastry case and scatter over the pancetta and spinach.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs into the double cream and season well. Pour over the salmon, pancetta and spinach, then sprinkle with the chopped fresh dill.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until set and lightly golden on top. Set aside to cool a little and serve with green salad, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Souffléd smoked haddock tart in oatmeal pastry
This smoked haddock tart is a bit like a cross between a traditional quiche and...