Cheat’s McDonald’s McMuffin recipe
- March 2020
- SERVES 4
- HANDS-ON TIME 30 MIN
You can’t beat a sausage and egg muffin to cure a hangover. Whip this brunch-worthy comfort food up in just 30 minutes.
Want to go one step further? Learn how to make your own English muffins.
- 36.3g (13.8g saturated)
- 35.8g (3.3g sugars)
- 450g British outdoor-reared pork sausagemeat
- 50g grated cheddar
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp American or English mustard
- Splash of oil
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 4 English muffins
- Put the sausagemeat, grated cheddar, most of the spring onions and the mustard in a mixing bowl, then mix together with your hands until well combined. Divide into 4 even patties (see Make Ahead).
- Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the patties for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly, until cooked through and golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Crack the eggs into the hot pan and fry to your liking.
- Halve, toast and lightly butter the English muffins, then top each with a sausage patty, a fried egg and the remaining spring onions. Serve with your favourite sauce.
Shape, cover and chill the sausage patties up to 24 hours ahead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter