Cheat’s McDonald’s McMuffin recipe
- March 2020
- SERVES 4
- HANDS-ON TIME 30 MIN
You can’t beat a sausage and egg muffin to cure a hangover. Whip this brunch-worthy comfort food up in just 30 minutes.
Want to go one step further? Learn how to make your own English muffins.
- 36.3g (13.8g saturated)
- 35.8g (3.3g sugars)
- 450g British outdoor-reared pork sausagemeat
- 50g grated cheddar
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp American or English mustard
- Splash of oil
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 4 English muffins
- Put the sausagemeat, grated cheddar, most of the spring onions and the mustard in a mixing bowl, then mix together with your hands until well combined. Divide into 4 even patties (see Make Ahead).
- Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the patties for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly, until cooked through and golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Crack the eggs into the hot pan and fry to your liking.
- Halve, toast and lightly butter the English muffins, then top each with a sausage patty, a fried egg and the remaining spring onions. Serve with your favourite sauce.
Shape, cover and chill the sausage patties up to 24 hours ahead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...