Cheat’s ravioli pasta bake
- December 2008
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min
You’ve had garlic bread with your pasta bake, but have you ever had it on the top? This easy pasta bake recipe is made using shop-bought ravioli and Mediterranean-style sauce then topped with crusty garlic bread croutons
- 250g pack fresh ricotta and spinach ravioli or tortellini
- 50g marinated and grilled peppers
- handful of mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 6 thin chorizo slices
- 250g pot fresh tomato sauce
- 125g mozzarella ball
- 270g garlic and herb bread
- basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Tip a 250g pack fresh ricotta and spinach ravioli or tortellini into a 1.2-litre ovenproof dish.
- Mix with 50g marinated and grilled peppers, chopped into large chunks, a handful mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved, and 6 thin chorizo slices. Stir through a 250g pot fresh tomato pasta sauce, thinned down with 100ml water, and scatter with ½ x 125g mozzarella ball, sliced.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then crumble over ½ x 270g garlic and herb bread and return to the oven for another 10 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Scatter with a few fresh basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter