Orecchiette with morels, madeira and mascarpone
- May 2013
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
A fresh new twist on a creamy mushroom pasta – this recipe is made with springtime morel mushrooms, maderia and mascarpone.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 17.2g fat (10.2g saturated)
- 73g (3.9g sugars)
- 50g butter
- 400g morel or mixed mushrooms
- 100ml madeira
- 3 tbsp mascarpone
- 400g orecchiette pasta
- A handful of chopped fresh parsley
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and, when sizzling, add the mixed mushrooms (sliced if large). Season, then when golden add the madeira and bubble until syrupy.
- Stir through the mascarpone, a handful of chopped fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, cook the orecchiette according to the pack instructions. When al dente, stir 2 tbsp cooking water through the sauce, then toss the pasta through to coat. Taste, season and serve.
Toss the pasta in the pan with the sauce before serving. It’s easier to mix the two in the pan than the bowl and will ensure the pasta is evenly coated.
Rate & review