Cheat’s sausage pasta
- September 2007
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
Jazz up a jar of pasta sauce with this sausage, courgette and tomato spaghetti recipe – everybody will love it… especially because it’s ready in just 20 minutes.
- 4 pork and herb sausages
- 1 courgette
- 350g jar vegetable pasta sauce
- Good handful fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 200g dried spaghetti
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, add sausages, cut into bite-size pieces, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes, until golden.
- Add courgette, roughly diced, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce, season and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced slightly and the courgette is tender. Stir in basil leaves.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions, until al dente.Drain well, return to the pan, add the sauce and toss together. Divide between wide bowls and garnish with extra basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter