Chicken and mushroom pasta bake
- October 2018
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 20-25 min
A creamy chicken and mushroom pasta bake made all the speedier by using a ready-roast chicken. We love it, and you will too.
Take a look at our chicken parmigiana bake too, made with breaded chicken and a garlicky tomato sauce.
- 22.8g (6.9g saturated)
- 62.2g (2.9g sugars)
- 200g quartered baby button mushrooms
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 750ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1kg higher welfare roast chicken, cooked
- Large handful of baby spinach
- 150ml single cream
- 400g pasta
- 200g frozen petits pois
- 20g grated parmesan
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat a glug of olive oil in a large pan over a high heat, then cook the baby button mushrooms for 5 minutes until golden. Reduce the heat to medium, add the olive oil and plain flour, then whisk until smooth and bubbling.
- Gradually add the chicken stock, whisking well until smooth. Once all the stock is incorporated, whisk in the dijon mustard, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the meat from the roast chicken and roughly slice. Add the chicken to the sauce along with a large handful of baby spinach and the single cream. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta (we used mafalda corta) according to the pack instructions, adding the petits pois for the final 3 minutes. Drain well, then stir the pasta and petits pois into the pan of sauce.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a large baking dish. Sprinkle over the parmesan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Rate & review