Cheat’s squid and chorizo paella
- April 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 min to make, 30 min to cook
Try our quick paella recipe made with squid and chorizo. It simplifies the usually-complicated Spanish dish and is ready in just 30 minutes.
Or cut the cooking time even further with our 15-minute paella.
- 22.3g (9g saturated)
- 79.1g (4.2g sugar)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350g long-grain rice, rinsed in cold water
- Pinch of saffron threads (optional)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 600ml chicken stock, hot
- 200g raw chorizo, sliced
- 200g small squid, cut into rings
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat the oil and half the butter in a small casserole or flameproof dish with a lid. Fry the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the rice and fry for 1-2 minutes until coated in the oil and butter, then add the saffron, lemon zest and hot stock. Bring to the boil, then cover with a lid and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the stock has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chorizo slices to the pan and fry for 5-10 minutes until golden and cooked through, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon. Add the remaining butter to the pan and increase the heat to high. Season the squid with sea salt and black pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes until just cooked. Set aside.
- Remove the rice from the oven and stir in the squid, chorizo and peas. Check the seasoning, stir in the parsley and lemon juice, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...