Chicken, prawn and chorizo paella
- November 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, simmering time 30 min
A quick and easy alternative to your traditional paella but keeping chicken and prawn for a winning combination. This recipe can be made in just under an hour.
After something even quicker? Our cheat’s paella – with chorizo, peppers and peas – is ready in just 15 minutes.
- 21.2g (6.4g saturated)
- 66.1g (3.2g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 British free-range skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150g cooking chorizo, cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 300g paella rice
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 150g sustainable raw peeled and deveined king prawns
- 100g frozen peas
To serve (optional)
- Small bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped, and lemon wedges
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the chicken over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook for a further 4 minutes. Transfer the meat to a plate.
- Add the onion to the pan and fry for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic and paprika and fry for 1 minute more. Stir in the rice, then add the stock and cook without stirring for 25 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the prawns, peas and the set-aside chicken and chorizo. Cook for 4 minutes more. Season, then garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges, if using.
Rate & review