Chicken, prawn and chorizo paella
- November 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, simmering time 30 min
A quick and easy alternative to your traditional paella but keeping chicken and prawn for a winning combination. This recipe can be made in just under an hour.
After something even quicker? Our cheat’s paella – with chorizo, peppers and peas – is ready in just 15 minutes.
- 21.2g (6.4g saturated)
- 66.1g (3.2g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 British free-range skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150g cooking chorizo, cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 300g paella rice
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 150g sustainable raw peeled and deveined king prawns
- 100g frozen peas
To serve (optional)
- Small bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped, and lemon wedges
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the chicken over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook for a further 4 minutes. Transfer the meat to a plate.
- Add the onion to the pan and fry for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic and paprika and fry for 1 minute more. Stir in the rice, then add the stock and cook without stirring for 25 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the prawns, peas and the set-aside chicken and chorizo. Cook for 4 minutes more. Season, then garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges, if using.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...