Cheat’s szechuan beef
- November 2009
- Serves 2
- Ready in 10 minutes
This simple szechuan beef and vegetable stir fry is a great way to spice up midweek meals and only takes 10 minutes to make.
- 300g thin beef frying steaks
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 290g pack stir-fry vegetables
- 100g Szechuan stir-fry sauce (we used Mighty Spice Szechuan Spice Mix, from selected Sainsbury’s)
- 350g pack chilled egg fried rice
- Trim the beef steaks of excess fat, cut into strips and season.
- Heat the toasted sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat until just smoking. Add the beef and stir-fry for 1 minute until browned. Add the stir-fry vegetables and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until softened slightly. Add the Szechuan stir-fry sauce and stir-fry until piping hot.
- Serve with the egg fried rice, heated according to pack instructions.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sesame seed crusted chicken stir-fry
The sesame seeds add a delicious crunchy twist to chicken in this quick and easy...