Cheesy spinach and artichoke dip
- June 2016
- Serves 10
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 35 min
Our spinach and artichoke dip is ever so easy to make: simply whizz all the ingredients together, then bake until bubbling and oozy. Serve hot with crusty bread.
- 33.5g (7.2g saturated)
- 2.7g (2g sugars)
- 500g spinach
- 350g marinated chargrilled artichokes, sliced into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g mayonnaise
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- 2 x 125g mozzarella balls, torn
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Crusty bread to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas 4. Put the spinach in a large colander in the sink and pour over a kettleful of boiling water to wilt. Press as much water out of the spinach as possible, then wrap in a clean J-cloth and squeeze out any remaining liquid. Put in a bowl.
- Add the artichokes, garlic, mayo, parmesan, half the mozzarella and the lemon juice to the spinach, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Divide between 2 x 500ml ovenproof dishes, sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top, then bake for 30-35 minutes until just bubbling. Serve warm with bread.
Make the dip a few hours in advance, keep it covered in the fridge, then bake.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Budget pasta recipes
One-pot garlic, sun-dried tomato and pecorino pasta
This quick one-pan recipe will change the way you eat pasta. As garlic, chilli, tomatoes...