Chicken and bacon salad with blue cheese dressing
- July 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make and 25 min to cook
Yes, OK, this retro salad is reminiscent of the 1970s but it’s still a winner in our book. The cheese dressing is whizzed up with sour cream and olive oil – it’s an umami delight.
If you want to go fully back in time with your menu, how about pairing this with a homemade arctic roll?
- 59.5g (18.3g saturated)
- 6g (1.8g sugar)
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g broad beans
- 50g dolcelatte cheese
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 70g bag baby salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Season the chicken and place in a roasting tin with the thyme and bacon. Drizzle with the oil and roast for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the bacon is crisp. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh in cold water and remove the outer skins.
- Make the dressing. In a small food processor, whizz the cheese with the soured cream and vinegar, and season. With the motor running, gradually add the extra-virgin olive oil, then a splash of water to thin to a double-cream thickness.
- Slice the chicken and mix in a bowl with the bacon, broad beans and leaves. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Jersey royal new potato recipes
Roast jersey royal, spring herb, hazelnut and bacon salad with lemon brown butter dressing
Toasted hazelnuts and fresh radishes add extra crunch to this salad of spring herbs, bacon...
Warm pesto, chickpea and butter bean salad with halloumi
A quick 15-minute dinner has never looked so good. This filling salad is made with...