Chicken and bacon salad with blue cheese dressing
- July 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make and 25 min to cook
Yes, OK, this retro salad is reminiscent of the 1970s but it’s still a winner in our book. The cheese dressing is whizzed up with sour cream and olive oil – it’s an umami delight.
If you want to go fully back in time with your menu, how about pairing this with a homemade arctic roll?
- 59.5g (18.3g saturated)
- 6g (1.8g sugar)
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g broad beans
- 50g dolcelatte cheese
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 70g bag baby salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Season the chicken and place in a roasting tin with the thyme and bacon. Drizzle with the oil and roast for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the bacon is crisp. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh in cold water and remove the outer skins.
- Make the dressing. In a small food processor, whizz the cheese with the soured cream and vinegar, and season. With the motor running, gradually add the extra-virgin olive oil, then a splash of water to thin to a double-cream thickness.
- Slice the chicken and mix in a bowl with the bacon, broad beans and leaves. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Jersey royal new potato recipes
Roast jersey royal, spring herb, hazelnut and bacon salad with lemon brown butter dressing
This recipe is a seasonal celebration. Toasted hazelnuts and fresh radishes add extra crunch to...
Warm pesto, chickpea and butter bean salad with halloumi
A quick 15-minute dinner has never looked so good. This filling salad is made with...