Chicken and broccoli spaghetti
- February 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This healthy chicken and purple sprouting broccoli stir-fry uses wholewheat spaghetti instead of noodles, but you could easily use the latter if you prefer.
Find all our stir-fry recipes for more speedy supper ideas.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 9.6g (1.3g saturated)
- 43.4g (13.5g sugars)
- 75g wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli spears (or broccoli, cut into florets)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling water according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the chicken for 2 minutes, then add the broccoli and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix together the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and 2 tablespoons water. Add to the pan and, once bubbling, stir in the beansprouts and chilli sauce. Cook for a minute or so until the beansprouts look a little translucent.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan with the spring onions and sesame seeds. Stir together and serve piping hot.
Unless you have a super-sized wok, never attempt a stir-fry for more than 2 people as a large quantity of ingredients makes it very difficult for the wok to maintain the high heat essential for good results.
You can use Japanese wholewheat soba noodles (from oriental stores) instead of the wholewheat spaghetti, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Honey and orange chicken stir-fry
Chicken stir-fry is a delightful, zesty summer meal – and it’s such a versatile recipe
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...