Warm chilli chicken Vietnamese noodle salad
- May 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 20-25 min to cook, plus marinating
This quick and easy noodle recipe is perfect for a mid-week supper.
- 6.6g (1g saturated)
- 68g (6.2 sugar)
- 2 skinless free-range chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g pack fine rice noodles
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red chilli, cut into fine strips
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and cut into chunks
- ½ bunch of spring onions, sliced
- Large handful of fresh coriander, leaves picked
- Put the chicken breasts in a bowl with the sweet chilli sauce and lime zest, then set aside for 10 minutes. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes, turning, until cooked through. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, rinse then put in a large bowl. Mix the lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil together, then pour over the noodles. Add the cooked chicken to the bowl with the chilli, cucumber, spring onions and coriander, then toss together and serve with lime wedges.
Make it veggie: Replace the chicken with 350g firm tofu, drained, rinsed and patted dry. Cut into chunks and fry in the same way as the chicken.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vietnamese beef pho
Jordan Bourke’s beef pho (pronounced fuh) is light, fragrant and satisfying. If you’re looking for...