Chicken and spring green flatbreads
- June 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, grilling time 15 min
We’ve cheated and used shop-bought garlic flatbreads to create a quick, nutritious and delicious meal that’s on the table in 30 minutes. In fact, it doesn’t feel like we’ve cheated at all…
- 17.6g (4.1g saturated)
- 47.8g (8.4g sugars)
- 2 garlic flatbreads
- 200g podded broad beans
- Juice ½ lemon
- 4 fresh mint sprigs, leaves picked, plus a few extra to garnish
- Bunch spring onions, trimmed
- 100g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 100g ricotta
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Heat the grill to medium. Put the flatbreads on a baking tray and grill for 3-4 minutes. Set aside, leaving the grill on.
- Put the broad beans in a food processor with the lemon juice, mint leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Whizz to form a chunky paste – add a splash of cold water if needed. (Or mash to a coarse paste in a bowl or in a pestle and mortar.)
- Spread the broad bean purée over the flatbreads, then arrange the spring onions on top, scatter over the shredded chicken and dot over the ricotta. Drizzle with oil and grill for 8-10 minutes until the spring onions are starting to char. Transfer to a board, scatter with a few mint leaves to garnish and eat straightaway.
If the broad beans are young there’s no need to pod them.
Top the flatbreads with ham, leftover cooked mince or shredded roast lamb
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cumin seed flatbreads
Make these homemade flatbreads, flavoured with cumin seeds, and use them to serve with salads,...