Chicken bruschetta with chilli, coriander and lemon butter
- June 2005
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 min to make, 15 min on the barbecue, plus chilling
Chicken bruschetta with chilli, coriander and lemon butter is an Italian-inspired recipe that makes finger licking at a barbeque socially acceptable.
- 51.5g (30.3g saturated)
- 37g (3.8g sugar)
- 2g salt
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 ciabatta loaf, cut in half, then slice lengthways to make 4 pieces
- 1 large garlic clove
- Crisp iceberg lettuce leaves, tomato and cucumber slices, to serve
For the chilli, coriander and lemon butter:
- Good pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 225g butter, softened
1. Make the butter. Stir the chilli flakes, coriander and lemon zest and juice into the softened butter. Spoon the butter onto a large sheet of baking paper. Roll up the paper into a log shape and secure the ends like a Christmas cracker. Chill to firm up.
2. Meanwhile, brush the cooking grate with oil. Barbecue the chicken breasts directly over a medium heat source for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Push the chicken to one side, to keep hot. Quickly toast and char the cut side of the ciabatta on the cooking grate, then rub the toasted side of each piece with the garlic clove.
3. Arrange a lettuce leaf, a few tomato and cucumber slices on each piece of toasted ciabatta. Halve each breast lengthways and arrange both slices on top. Cut the butter log into thick slices and put a slice on top of the hot chicken.
You could cook these on a griddle pan for 12-16 minutes, turning once, and toast the ciabatta under a hot grill. If it’s a warm day and you are taking the butter out to the barbecue, pop the butter slices into a bowl of cold water with a few ice cubes to stop them from melting.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lunch recipes to take to work
Shredded pork pittas with crumbled feta and coriander
Stuff warm pitta breads with crumbled feta, shredded pork and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter