Chicken, ham and leek filo pie
- October 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus 30 mins cooking time
This speedy pie recipe is a great family supper, and is ready in no time, as it makes the most of leftover chicken.
- 45.3g (22.6g saturated)
- 22.2g (6.9g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 leek, thickly sliced
- 200g thick-cut ham, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 400g portion cooked, shredded chicken with 300ml gravy, defrosted (see Roast chicken with speedy gravy recipe)
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 150ml double cream
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 50g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and leek and fry gently for 5 minutes until soft. Stir in the ham and defrosted chicken and gravy. Sprinkle over the flour and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the thyme and cream, bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add a splash of water to thin the mixture if it is too thick.
- Spoon the pie filling into a large ovenproof dish or 4 individual pie dishes. Cut the filo pastry into strips, brush each with melted butter and scrunch up slightly, then place them on top of the filling to cover it.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is bubbling-hot and the filo is crisp and golden brown. Serve with buttered mash.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...