Easy chicken puff pastry pie
- November 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30 min
A classic and creamy chicken pie always hits the sweet spot. You can make the filling up to 48 hours in advance – simply top with the pastry, bake and voilà!
Take a look at our similar recipe, this chicken, mushroom and leek pie has a filo pastry topping.
- 46.1g (20.4g saturated)
- 44.4g (9.2g sugars)
- Glug of veg oil
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 3 carrots, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 free-range skinless chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 150ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp créme fraíche
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 320g ready-rolled puff pastry
- Splash of milk
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. In a large deep frying pan, heat a glug of veg oil and add the sliced leeks and carrots. Gently fry for about 10 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic cloves and chicken thigh fillets and turn up the heat. Cook for a few more minutes, then add the dry white wine. Bubble the wine for a couple of minutes, then stir in the wholegrain mustard and créme fraíche and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the plain flour with water to make a paste, then stir it into the pan. Stir in the fresh parsley and pour into a 1.5 litre pie dish with a pie funnel (optional).
- Unroll ready-rolled puff pastry and drape it over the dish. Trim any excess, press down on the edges with a fork to seal, then cut a small hole in the centre. Cut shapes from the trimmings to decorate the top. Brush the pastry with milk, then bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...