- October 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 35 minutes to make, 14-18 minutes to cook
This low-cal chicken korma recipe has less than half the fat and 200 fewer calories than the standard dish.
- 13g (1.4g saturated)
- 6.6g (3.3g sugar)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 (about 500g) free-range skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 300ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp low-fat fromage frais
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g mangetout, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan and cook the sliced onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until starting to brown, then stir in the spices and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Add the stock and fromage frais, mix well, then add the ground almonds and mangetout. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until the sauce is creamy and the chicken is cooked.
- Stir in the coriander, season to taste and serve sprinkled with the almonds, with some wholegrain rice on the side, if you wish.
Adding mangetout, spinach or watercress will give your meal some crunch and more nutrients.
Rate & review