The ultimate creamy chicken korma
- October 2019
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 20 min
It’s time to indulge yourself with this rich, fragrant chicken dish – the ultimate comfort supper.
Or, opt for a lighter take on this classic curry with our healthier chicken korma.
- 20.5g (6.8g saturated)
- 18.1g (14.7g sugars)
- 2 tsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 banana shallots, quartered lengthways
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 small British free-range skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 tbsp korma curry paste
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- 2 large vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp clotted or double cream
- Squeeze lemon juice, plus a lemon wedge to serve
- 1-2 fresh coriander sprigs, chopped, to serve
- Steamed rice and poppadums (optional) to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the shallots and fry for 3-4 minutes to brown. Add half the spring onions and fry for 1-2 minutes more.
- Stir in the chicken, korma paste, mango chutney and most of the chopped tomatoes. Fry for a few minutes, then add 125ml freshly boiled water. Simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the cream, then taste, adding a little lemon juice to sharpen the flavour. In a bowl, mix the remaining tomatoes, spring onion, coriander, more lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve the curry with a lemon wedge, steamed rice and poppadums (if you like), with the fresh tomato salad scattered on top.
To make it vegetarian, swap chicken for cubes of paneer or Quorn pieces.
Rate & review