Chicken satay with Indonesian-style salad
- May 2008
- 4 large, skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 300g jar peanut cooking sauce
- 165ml mini can coconut milk
- 1 lime
- 350g pack mixed vegetable stir-fry
You’ll also need
- 12 medium-length wooden skewers
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips about 1cm-thick. Toss in ½ a jar of peanut cooking sauce in a bowl and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the skewers in hot water. Preheat the grill to high and line a baking tray with foil. Thread the chicken onto the drained skewers (2-3 strips on each) and lay on the tray. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining peanut cooking sauce in a saucepan with the coconut milk and the grated zest of ½ lime. Place over a medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the juice of ½ lime and set aside to cool and thicken slightly.
- Divide the vegetable stir-fry, uncooked, between 4 plates, along with the chicken satay and remaining ½ lime, cut into wedges. Drizzle some warm peanut sauce over each salad, and serve the rest in bowls for dipping the satay in. Serve with cooked rice, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...