Crispy-skinned chicken breasts with baked sweet potatoes and chipotle cream
- June 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 40 min
We’ve used chipotle to make the cream in this healthy chicken dish, but feel free to use any spice paste you like. Harissa or Sriracha both make excellent options.
Or try this crisp-skinned chicken dish for one, served with garlicky salsa verde.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 15.6g (6.6g saturated)
- 49.2g (18.7g sugars)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 4 free-range skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 large sweetheart cabbage, shredded
- 1-3 tsp chipotle chilli paste, to taste (we used Gran Luchito Chipotle Chilli Paste from Waitrose and ocado.com)
- 200ml half-fat crème fraîche or soured cream
- Heat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas 9. Rub the skin of the sweet potatoes with a little oil and salt, then transfer to a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Rub the chicken skin with a little salt and brown the chicken breasts skin-side down for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Transfer the chicken breasts, skin-side up, to the baking tray with the potatoes and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Fry the cabbage in the same pan used for the chicken for 3 minutes, or until just softened. Set aside and keep warm.
- Roughly mix the chipotle paste with the crème fraîche or soured cream. Thickly slice the chicken, split the sweet potatoes and dollop with the chipotle cream, then serve with the cabbage alongside.
Use your favourite spice paste to flavour the cream – harissa also works well.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...