Baked sweet potatoes with spicy chickpeas
- September 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 35-40 min
Harissa-spiced chickpeas combine with baked sweet potatoes for a perfect lazy midweek meal.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 16.7g (5.1g saturated)
- 85.5g (21.5g sugars)
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- Olive oil for drizzling and frying
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 200g kale
- 50g harissa
- ½ bunch spring onions, thinly sliced (green tops included)
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with a little oil. Bake for 35-40 minutes until tender. When 5 minutes remain, halve the potatoes and crumble over the feta. Return to the oven until the feta starts to turn golden.
- Halfway through the sweet potato cooking time (about 15 minutes before they’re ready), heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the red onion for 5-10 minutes until soft. Add the kale and harissa with a splash of water, then stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the spring onions and chickpeas and heat through, then season.
- Spoon the chickpea mixture over the sweet potatoes and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...