Baked sweet potatoes with spicy chickpeas
- September 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 35-40 min
Fill baked sweet potatoes with harissa-spiced chickpeas for an easy but filling vegetarian midweek meal.
Love a jacket potato? Get more filling ideas here.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 16.7g (5.1g saturated)
- 85.5g (21.5g sugars)
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- Olive oil for drizzling and frying
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 200g kale
- 50g harissa
- ½ bunch spring onions, thinly sliced (green tops included)
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with a little oil. Bake for 35-40 minutes until tender. When 5 minutes remain, halve the potatoes and crumble over the feta. Return to the oven until the feta starts to turn golden.
- Halfway through the sweet potato cooking time (about 15 minutes before they’re ready), heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the red onion for 5-10 minutes until soft. Add the kale and harissa with a splash of water, then stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the spring onions and chickpeas and heat through, then season.
- Spoon the chickpea mixture over the sweet potatoes and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roast chicken recipes
Korean-spiced roast chicken with kimchi fried rice
Add a Korean twist to your Sunday with our fiery roast chicken recipe. Then, later...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...