Chilli steak fajitas
- March 2004
- 1kg sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 12-18 soft flour tortillas
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 3 large field mushrooms, sliced
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander leaves
- Sour cream, grated cheese, tomato salsa and guacamole, to serve
- Put the sirloin steak strips in a glass or plastic dish. Mix together 2 tablespoons of the oil, the garlic, chilli powder, ground coriander and ground cumin. Season the marinade with salt and pepper. Pour over the steak strips, then cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for about 3 hours.
- When you are ready to eat, wrap the tortillas in foil and place in an oven on a low heat to heat through.
- Heat a large cast-iron griddle pan until very hot. Toss the red and yellow peppers and the sliced mushrooms in the rest of the oil and throw them on the griddle pan, along with the steak and its marinade. Cook, tossing occasionally for 3-4 minutes, until the steak is cooked through.
- Transfer the whole griddle pan to the table – make sure you put something down on the table to protect it – along with the warm tortillas, fresh coriander, sour cream, cheese, tomato salsa and guacamole.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...