Maple and chilli pork wraps with smoky mayo
- July 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
We do love a shortcut supper recipe, especially when it involves wraps, pan-fried pork and a smoky mayo. Bring it on!
- 23.7g (7.3g saturated)
- 38.7g (3.3g sugars)
- 4 pork steaks marinated in maple and chilli (we like Marks & Spencer Maple & Chilli Pork Steaks)
- 4 tortilla wraps (we used seeded ones from Marks & Spencer)
- 4 tbsp Gran Luchito Mayo (available from Marks & Spencer) – or use ordinary mayonnaise pepped up with a dash of Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce or chipotle paste
You’ll also need…
- 100g (approx – no need to be too precise) red cabbage
- Large handful fresh coriander leaves
- Lime juice to taste
- Heat a large griddle pan until smoking hot. Drain and discard the marinade from the pork steaks, then cook them over a high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil, then leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely shred the red cabbage and roughly chop the coriander leaves, then toss in a mixing bowl with a good squeeze of lime juice. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the rested pork steaks into strips. Warm the tortilla wraps, one at a time, in a very hot frying pan for about 30 seconds on each side – no need to use any oil. Spoon on some mayo and top with the cabbage and coriander slaw, then the strips of pork steak. Roll up the tortillas and serve with any remaining slaw in a bowl on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoky chicken wraps
This chicken recipe is ideal for freezing; just make and freeze the sauce then defrost...
Creole chicken wraps with US-style chopped salad
These Creole chicken wraps with chopped salad will be a sure winner with all the...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...