- August 2013
- Serves 6
- Ready in 5 min
This quick Argentine spicy herb sauce recipe is perfect served with steak. Use fresh mint, oregano and red chillies.
- 18.5g (2.6g saturated)
- 1.6g (0.8g sugar)
- Large handful of fresh mint leaves
- Handful of fresh oregano, leaves picked
- 1-2 red chillies, seeds removed or left in, according to taste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 150ml light olive oil
- Whizz all the ingredients apart from the olive oil in a food processor with plenty of seasoning until roughly chopped.
- Add the oil and whizz until you have a finely chopped salsa.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, then chill, covered with cling film, for no longer than 6 hours (to keep it fresh).
Chimichurri is usually made with parsley and oregano, but using mint instead of parsley works well with steak.
Rate & review