Easy Mexican chicken traybake
- January 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 45-50 min
Try our easy Mexican chicken traybake for a healthy meal that’s high in protein, fibre and plenty of flavour. It only requires one tray too, so you don’t have to worry about the washing up.
We’ve also got a spicy tomato and chorizo traybake to consider…
- 16.9g (7.2g saturated)
- 28.3g (7.7g sugars)
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 free-range chicken legs, or 1kg free-range chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 2-3 tbsp Mexican or fajita spice mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 400g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g roasted red peppers from a jar, halved, or frozen sliced mixed peppers
- 1 flour tortilla, cut into 1.5cm strips
- 75g lancashire cheese or feta, crumbled
- A few fresh coriander sprigs to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the onions and chicken in a large roasting tin. Mix together the spice mix and 2 tbsp oil, then rub all over the chicken. Put in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and peppers (with the pepper juices) to the tin. Return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the tortilla strips on a baking sheet, toss in a drizzle of oil and bake for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Remove the traybake from the oven, sprinkle over the cheese, tortilla strips
and coriander (if using), then serve.
Rate & review