Chocolate soup with cherries and vanilla cappuccino
- June 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 min
This restaurant-style chocolate and vanilla cappuccino soup recipe makes a perfect dessert for a dinner party.
- 67.6g (38.6g saturated)
- 55.9g (55.2g sugars)
- 20 fresh cherries, halved and stoned
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp full-fat milk
- 284ml carton whipping cream
- 200g plain chocolate (at least 70 per cent cocoa solids), chopped
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 45g whole blanched almonds, chopped
For the vanilla cappuccino
- 150ml whipping cream
- 4 tbsp full-fat milk
- 30g caster sugar
- 10g unsalted butter
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- Put the cherries, icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and toss gently. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate soup. Put the milk and cream in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Take off the heat, add the chocolate and sugar and mix until the chocolate has just melted. Keep over a very, very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Make the cappuccino. Put the cream, milk, sugar and butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add to the pan, along with the pod. Cook, stirring, until the butter has melted and the mixture is just below simmering point. Discard the pod, then whisk with an electric hand whisk for a few min until light and frothy.
- Divide the cherries between 4 tall glasses, then sprinkle the almonds on top. Pour over the soup, then spoon the cappuccino on top to serve.
Rate & review