Chorizo, mushroom and egg on toast
- April 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Bored of your standard egg on toast breakfast? Heat things up with this chorizo, mushroom and fried egg on toast recipe. Yes please.
- 27.1g (8.9g saturated)
- 29.1g (4.2g sugars)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g cooking chorizo, sliced into rounds
- Knob of butter, plus extra to serve
- 350g mixed mushrooms, such as chestnut and portabellini, sliced
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh parsley, leaves picked
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 1 small sourdough loaf, sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a sauté pan and fry the chorizo until starting to crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the butter to the pan and, once it begins to foam, add the mushrooms and shallots. Season and fry over a medium-high heat, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened and golden. Stir in the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Return the chorizo to the pan and heat through, then stir in most of the parsley.
- In another frying pan, heat the remaining oil. Crack the eggs into the pan, leaving plenty of room for them to spread, then fry for 3 minutes until the white has just set.
- Meanwhile, toast the sourdough. Butter the toasted slices, divide among warmed plates, then spoon the mushroom and chorizo over the top. Top each with a fried egg and scatter over the remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter