Chorizo, mushroom and egg on toast
- April 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Bored of your standard egg on toast breakfast? Heat things up with this chorizo, mushroom and fried egg on toast recipe. Yes please.
- 27.1g (8.9g saturated)
- 29.1g (4.2g sugars)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g cooking chorizo, sliced into rounds
- Knob of butter, plus extra to serve
- 350g mixed mushrooms, such as chestnut and portabellini, sliced
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh parsley, leaves picked
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 1 small sourdough loaf, sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a sauté pan and fry the chorizo until starting to crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the butter to the pan and, once it begins to foam, add the mushrooms and shallots. Season and fry over a medium-high heat, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened and golden. Stir in the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Return the chorizo to the pan and heat through, then stir in most of the parsley.
- In another frying pan, heat the remaining oil. Crack the eggs into the pan, leaving plenty of room for them to spread, then fry for 3 minutes until the white has just set.
- Meanwhile, toast the sourdough. Butter the toasted slices, divide among warmed plates, then spoon the mushroom and chorizo over the top. Top each with a fried egg and scatter over the remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...