Chicken, chorizo and beans on toast
- March 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
The heartiest beans on toast you’ll ever – complete with chicken and chorizo – this recipe makes a superbly tasty and easy midweek meal.
- 17.8g (9.6g saturated)
- 30g (4.3g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- 100g ready-to-eat chorizo
- 1 garlic clove
- 400g tin butter beans
- 100ml crème fraîche
- 4 thick sourdough slices
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan (see tip). Slice the onion, then fry gently for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, put the chicken breasts between two pieces of cling film and flatten with a rolling pin (see tip), then cut into strips. Slice the chorizo. Heat the grill.
- Add the chicken and chorizo to the pan and fry for 3 minutes on high. Crush the garlic and add to the pan. Drain and rinse the beans, then stir them in with the crème fraîche. Bubble for 1 minute. Meanwhile, grill the sourdough to lightly toast.
- Chop the parsley, then stir into the pan with the lemon juice. Pile onto the toasts.
Flattening the chicken ensures it cooks evenly. Use a pan large enough to fry it with the chorizo without crowding.
Next time – use smoked haddock instead of chicken and add to the pan with the crème fraîche and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Rate & review