Chicken, chorizo and beans on toast
- March 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
The heartiest beans on toast you’ll ever – complete with chicken and chorizo – this recipe makes a superbly tasty and easy midweek meal.
- 17.8g (9.6g saturated)
- 30g (4.3g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- 100g ready-to-eat chorizo
- 1 garlic clove
- 400g tin butter beans
- 100ml crème fraîche
- 4 thick sourdough slices
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan (see tip). Slice the onion, then fry gently for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, put the chicken breasts between two pieces of cling film and flatten with a rolling pin (see tip), then cut into strips. Slice the chorizo. Heat the grill.
- Add the chicken and chorizo to the pan and fry for 3 minutes on high. Crush the garlic and add to the pan. Drain and rinse the beans, then stir them in with the crème fraîche. Bubble for 1 minute. Meanwhile, grill the sourdough to lightly toast.
- Chop the parsley, then stir into the pan with the lemon juice. Pile onto the toasts.
Flattening the chicken ensures it cooks evenly. Use a pan large enough to fry it with the chorizo without crowding.
Next time – use smoked haddock instead of chicken and add to the pan with the crème fraîche and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...