Chorizo pasta with pangrattato
- September 2022
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
This easy chorizo pasta recipe uses a mix of chorizo and beans to create a filling, budget-friendly dinner. It’s topped with pangrattato – a crispy Italian breadcrumb. Save the rest of your chorizo for another dish .
Use up that chorizo to make chicken and chorizo wraps.
- 21.3g (7.2g saturated)
- 75.5g (5.5g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 120g chorizo, cut into 1cm rounds
- 350g tomatoes, chopped, or 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g mafalda pasta or any other small pasta shape
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
For the pangrattato
- 20g unsalted butter
- 90g fresh breadcrumbs
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 15g parsley, finely chopped
- Put the oil and chorizo in a frying pan over a low-medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the chorizo is beginning to crisp. Add the tomatoes, stock and garlic, turn up the heat and simmer for 6 minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions (or 2-3 minutes less for al dente), then drain and set aside.
- Stir the cannellini beans and pasta into the tomato sauce, then keep warm over a low heat.
- For the pangrattato, heat the butter in a small pan, then add the breadcrumbs and cook for 3 minutes until golden. Stir in the lemon zest and parsley. Spoon the pasta into bowls, then top with the pangrattato to serve.
Easy swaps: Fry the breadcrumbs in olive oil to make this dish dairy-free.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Friday night dinners
Pasta with sausages, fennel seed and mozzarella ragù
This cumberland sausage and mozzarella ragù from Debbie Major takes...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter