Spicy sausage pasta
- March 2013
- Serves 6
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 45 minutes to cook
A delicious yet simple pasta dish: spicy sausage gives this easy recipe a kick that will keep everyone coming back for more.
- 20.6g (8.9g saturated)
- 45g (3.4g sugars)
- 350g fusilli pasta
- 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 free-range pork sausages, skins removed, broken into chunks
- Good pinch of chilli flakes
- 100ml double cream
- 100ml chicken stock (homemade or from a stock cube)
- 25g fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 9-12 minutes until tender. Drain and return to the pan with 2 tbsp of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a pan and fry the onion and leek for 15 minutes until soft and starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then fry the sausage and chilli until crisply golden. Put the onion mixture back in the pan, add the cream and stock, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season well, then add the parsley and cooked pasta with a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss, then serve.
Next time add 200g passata to the sausage instead of the cream and bubble for 10-15 minutes to make a rich tomatoey sauce
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter