Chorizo, sausage, fennel and chickpea soup
- November 2013
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 minutes, simmering time 25 minutes
This quick soup recipe with chorizo, sausage, fennel and chickpeas is perfect for the colder months.
- 25.9g (10.1g saturated)
- 20.9g protein
- 15.5g (5.9g sugars)
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- A little vegetable oil
- 250g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 6 British free-range pork sausages (400g)
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- A handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- A good splash of double cream
- Fry the red onions in a little oil for 10 minutes. Add the chorizo and the meat from the sausages to the pan, then fry for 10 minutes, breaking up the sausages with the wooden spoon, until golden all over and the chorizo has released all its fat. Add the fennel seeds and fry for a few minutes more.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock, then season well. Simmer for 20 minutes, covered, then add the chickpeas and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and a good splash of double cream. Season to taste, then serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...