Country-style potato salad
- July 2004
- for 6 people
- Ready in 30 minutes
Unlike a traditional potato salad recipe, this one is made with olives, tomatoes and oregano giving it a lovely Mediterranean flavour.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 550g waxy new potatoes, such as Pink Fir Apple or Charlotte
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 12 pitted green olives
- 4 plum tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until just tender. Drain well and cut in half. Put into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, the olive oil, oregano and plenty of seasoning. Pour over the warm potatoes and set aside.
- When the potato salad has cooled, add the onion, olives, tomatoes and capers and toss well. Roughly chop the boiled eggs and scatter over the salad. Toss the salad once more just before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pickled red onion potato salad
This pickled red onion and potato salad is excellent at cutting through the smoky flavours...