Country-style potato salad
- July 2004
- 550g waxy new potatoes, such as Pink Fir Apple or Charlotte
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 12 pitted green olives
- 4 plum tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until just tender. Drain well and cut in half. Put into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, the olive oil, oregano and plenty of seasoning. Pour over the warm potatoes and set aside.
- When the potato salad has cooled, add the onion, olives, tomatoes and capers and toss well. Roughly chop the boiled eggs and scatter over the salad. Toss the salad once more just before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter