Couscous with preserved lemons
- August 2012
- Serves 6
- Ready in 20 minutes
This zesty Moroccan side dish of couscous with preserved lemons will add instant flavour to any meal. Serving with grilled lamb chops or fried halloumi to transform this side into an easy dinner.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14g (1.2g saturated)
- 31g (1.1g sugars)
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 300g couscous
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Glug of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 preserved lemons, quartered
- 75g toasted pine nuts
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Put the stock and chickpeas into a pan. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Put the couscous in a large dish, then pour over the stock and chickpeas. Stir, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, extra-virgin olive oil, lemons, pine nuts and parsley. Season.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick vegetarian recipes
Couscous and green bean salad with crumbled Wensleydale
Try this hearty dish of couscous and green bean salad with crumbled Wensleydale, runner beans...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...