Couscous and green bean salad with crumbled Wensleydale
- August 2007
- 200g couscous
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 300g runner beans, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 100g freshly shelled peas (about 250g unpodded weight)
- 150g Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
- Small bunch of fresh mint, leaves chopped
For the dressing
- 50ml olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the hot vegetable stock. Stir with a fork, cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and set aside for about 5 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff up the couscous grains with a fork.
- Meanwhile, half-fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the runner beans and peas and simmer for 2 minutes, until just tender. Drain well and add the beans and peas to the couscous.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a bowl or screw-top jam jar with plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Screw the lid on tight and shake until combined.
- Stir the crumbled cheese and mint into the couscous. When ready to serve, pour over the dressing and mix together well.
Runner beans and fresh peas are in season now, so should be plentiful in farm shops and grocers.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Summer salads and sides
Roasted tomato, giant couscous, feta and basil salad
A simple salad recipe that brings into play the classic winning combination of tomato and...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...