Creamy turkey, broad bean and leek tagliatelle
- June 2005
- for 4 people
- Ready in 20 minutes
This bird isn’t just for Christmas – turkey and leek tagliatelle with seasonal veg is a gloriously simple recipe.
Per serving: 809kcals, 33.7g fat (22g saturated), 41.3g protein, 90.6g carbs, 5.3g sugar, 0.3g salt
- 25g butter
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, sliced and washed
- A few thyme sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 450g dried egg tagliatelle
- 2 turkey breast steaks
- 150g fresh or frozen (and thawed) broad beans
- Melt the butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the leaves from the thyme sprigs and mascarpone, let it bubble, then turn the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving some cooking water, then return the pasta to the pan.
- While the pasta is cooking, season the turkey, then put on a griddle pan over a medium heat for 8 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through. Leave for a few minutes to rest, then slice each fillet diagonally.
- Add some of the pasta water to the sauce to loosen, and bring back to a simmer. Add the beans and cook until tender. Stir in any turkey juices and season. Mix the sauce into the pasta, then divide between plates. Top with turkey slices and a few extra thyme sprigs.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...