Pork and chilli tagliatelle in a tomato sauce
- November 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 min, cooking time 20 min
Feed a family of four with our quick and budget-friendly pasta recipe, featuring a quick pork sausage ragù and lots of fresh chilli!
Or forego the spice for herbs instead with our fennel and pork pappardelle dish.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 35.4g (10.7g saturated)
- 92.1g (10.2g sugar)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 6 (about 400g) good-quality pork sausages
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 220g red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g dried tagliatelle
- Small bunch fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat, add the garlic and shallots and soften for 5 minutes. Split the sausage skins and add the pork mince to the pan. Cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until well browned and cooked through. Pour over the canned tomatoes and add the chilli and fresh cherry tomatoes. Season well, bring to a simmer and warm through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 8 minutes until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan, then pour over the sauce, tossing well to coat. Divide among bowls and garnish with basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...