Pork and chilli tagliatelle in a tomato sauce
- November 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 min, cooking time 20 min
Feed a family of four with our quick and budget-friendly pasta recipe, featuring a quick pork sausage ragù and lots of fresh chilli!
Or forego the spice for herbs instead with our fennel and pork pappardelle dish.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 35.4g (10.7g saturated)
- 92.1g (10.2g sugar)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 6 (about 400g) good-quality pork sausages
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 220g red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g dried tagliatelle
- Small bunch fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat, add the garlic and shallots and soften for 5 minutes. Split the sausage skins and add the pork mince to the pan. Cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until well browned and cooked through. Pour over the canned tomatoes and add the chilli and fresh cherry tomatoes. Season well, bring to a simmer and warm through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 8 minutes until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan, then pour over the sauce, tossing well to coat. Divide among bowls and garnish with basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review