Leek and mushroom tagliatelle
- February 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Make the most of seasonal leeks with this crowd-pleasing pasta recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 17.2g (9.7g saturated)
- 66.6g (4.2g sugars),
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- A good knob of butter in a pan
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 3 leeks, chopped into 10cm lengths, then quartered
- 125ml dry white wine
- 90ml double cream
- 350g tagliatelle
- A handful of chopped fresh parsley
- A good grating of parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Heat a good knob of butter in a pan. Fry together the garlic and the rosemary for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and fry over a high heat for 5 minutes until they’re golden brown and all the moisture has evaporated. Season the mushrooms, then spoon onto a plate and set aside.
- Add another knob of butter to the pan and fry the leeks over a low heat for 10 minutes until softened. Add the wine and bubble until mostly evaporated, then add the double cream. Season well, then mix in the garlicky mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in boiling water for 8 minutes or according to the pack instructions, drain, then toss with the leeks and mushrooms. Season and stir in a handful of chopped fresh parsley and a good grating of parmesan or vegetarian alternative.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked pasta with mushrooms, white wine and cream
This vegetarian pasta bake recipe is simple, tasty and ready in less than an hour.
Tagliatelle with field mushrooms, lemon and tarragon
This mushroom pasta recipe is a meal to eat wistfully in the evening.