Crispy chicken thighs with olives and chickpeas
- February 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 35-40 min
You can replace the crispy chicken in this easy recipe with sausages, or king prawns. It’s pretty light on your purse-strings, too.
- 19.8g (3.6g saturated)
- 25g (4.6g sugars)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 8 free-range chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- Handful of black or green olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 220°C/ fan200°C/gas 7. Put 2 tbsp of the olive oil, the smoked paprika and the chicken into a bowl, season and rub to coat. Put the thighs, skin-side up, in a roasting tin with the olives. Roast for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, then gently fry the onion and garlic for 10 minutes without colouring. Add the tomatoes and vinegar, season well and cook until reduced a little. Add the chickpeas, cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the parsley.
- When the chicken is golden and crisp, spoon out a few tablespoons of the roasting pan juices into the chickpeas. Serve the chickpeas and olives topped with the chicken.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Poached eggs with harissa chickpeas and garlic yogurt
Adding a touch of harissa to this chickpea recipe transforms...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter