Crispy roast chicken thighs with chorizo
- January 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 40 minutes to cook
Who can resist the combination of chicken and chorizo for dinner? This is an easy recipe for two that’s ready in less than an hour – perfect for a midweek meal but fancy enough for a romantic dinner.
Or, cook this quick and tasty Spanish-inspired chicken dish with romesco sauce and garlicky greens.
- 4 free-range chicken thighs on the bone, skin on
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 100g cooking chorizo, sliced into chunks
- Handful of sun-blush tomatoes
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Small handful of fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- 250g pack Tilda Pure Basmati steamed rice (widely available), or similar
- Small bunch each of fresh mint, coriander and parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Season the chicken thighs, then toss with the garlic in a roasting tin with a little olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes, then add the chorizo, sun-blush tomatoes, lemon wedges and thyme. Roast for another 20 minutes until the thighs are crisp and the juices in the pan have mingled together.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions, fluff up, then drizzle over a little olive oil. Stir the herbs and some seasoning through the rice and serve alongside the roast chicken thighs, chorizo and lemon wedges, with the pan juices spooned over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy chicken recipes
Chicken with smoky romesco sauce and garlicky greens
A super quick and healthy but impressive chicken dinner that you can whip together in...