Poached eggs with harissa chickpeas and garlic yogurt
- June 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Adding a touch of harissa to this chickpea recipe transforms this simple meal into a satisfying, flavour-packed midweek supper.
Wondering what to do with the remaining harissa? We’ve got some nifty ways to use up leftover harissa, here.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 12.3g (3.5g saturated)
- 17.2g (1.8g sugars)
- 1 fat garlic clove
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Juice ½ lemon
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas
- Splash vegetable stock
- 150g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 2-3 tsp harissa, to taste
- 12 pitted black olives
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, plus extra to garnish
- Crush the garlic into a bowl. Mix in the yogurt and lemon juice. Season and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then tip into a pan. Add the stock and simmer over a medium heat for 4 minutes. Drain the chickpeas, return to the pan, then add the spinach and harissa. Coarsely chop the olives, then add to the pan.
- Meanwhile, bring a large, deep pan of water to the boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, crack the eggs one by one into a ramekin, then slide each one gently into the pan. Poach for 3-4 minutes until the whites have set.
- Chop the parsley, then stir three-quarters through the chickpeas. Divide among 4 plates, then top each with a poached egg. Season, sprinkle with the remaining parsley, then serve with the yogurt.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes with chorizo
Roast sweet potato, chorizo and onion hash with poached eggs
Eggs are a particularly filling, protein-rich food. They’re also one of the few foods that...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...